If you think making fresh, great tasting, healthy energy boosting drinks takes time – think again! This recipe takes less than 8 minutes. There’s minimal preparation and cleanup is as easy as rinsing out your juicer!
Skip the Dunkin Donut or Starbucks sugary flavored coffee and try this for a yummy boost of energy instead! Grab these ingredients and make this nutritious and delicious fresh GREEN juice!
If you only drink 16 ounces of this juice every morning I think you’ll really be surprised how much more energetic you’ll feel! Then, if you’d like to go on a juice feast with me I’ll give you some information about that – after the recipe.
Here’s my delicious GREEN juice recipe:
Best with all fresh organic ingredients:
- 1 bunch local organic large leaf kale
- 1/2 to 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 head of celery
- 1/3 bunch of parsley
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro (so yummy, spices it up)
- 1 cucumber (if not organic, peel it)
- 1 lemon (peeled)
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 yellow, orange, or red pepper (green peppers are not ripe!)
- 2 pieces fresh ginger root (peeled thumb size pieces, this adds zip!)
Optional, and really takes it up a notch:
- Dehydrated wheatgrass powder
- Half of a jalapeno pepper (this really heats it up, revs metabolism!)
- Prep the veggies (grab from fridge, wash, rinse, peel, etc. takes about 5 minutes)
- Add each to your juice machine (we use a Breville Juice Fountain – powerful and fast!)
- Pour your juice – this recipe makes about 32 yummy ounces
- Clean / rinse out the juicer (about 3 minutes)
If you don’t have all the ingredients just use what you have, sometimes we skip the cabbage, or romaine, it’s all good. 🙂
About juice feasting / fasting – and MORE benefits of juicing fresh produce:
Since learning that raw food is the cleanest and best food to eat, vibrationally speaking, I limit my juice fasting to raw food (adding only a bit of cultured milk from grass fed cows or goats, or some fermented kombucha tea, if becoming weak since I work 50+ hours a week).
Fasting gives you some space in your day to really reflect on how you treat others, and how much emphasis we all put on what we’re going to eat. It’s mind-opening for sure!
In addition to the juice fasting, I did the daily dry skin brushing that all juice fasting blogs and articles discuss, as well as colon cleansing 2-3 times a week.
This fast cleaned my body of toxins, junk in the gut, and overall brought my body to a healthier level.
Everyone is different and some folks may prefer to add a probiotic capsule to their intake a week or two after beginning the fast.
A few days I experienced some dizziness so on those days I consumed one 16 ounce Suero Viv (which is an organic whey probiotic beverage) to my daily intake.
Overall these were the benefits I experienced:
- My body began to feel “lighter” by day 3
- I noticed the skin on my arms got significantly softer by day 3
- I felt my mind getting clearer by day 5
- The skin on my face became so clear by day 7 – my coworkers began to comment
- Overall my skin became so soft by day 14 it was amazing – even elbows and feet!
- Some rough skin that had been on each side of my nose disappeared also!
- Moles shrank by at least 50% or more all over my body (not that I had very many but just sayin’)
- The whites of my eyes got noticeably whiter
- I lost 12-15 lbs but most noticeably I dropped two pant sizes
For more reading about the aWEsOMeness of green juices, juice fasts, please check my blog at:
Disclaimer: Before beginning this type of fast, please consult with a health and wellness practitioner of your choice.
Photo Credit: Tammy Strobel