The eye is an amazing organ because of its incredibly high precision and performance. In order to have healthy eyesight, you need vitamin A, carotenoids, and vitamins C & E.
- Carrots – are high in Vitamin A, which is very essential for healthy eyesight. It is very useful in diseases of the retina and of the eyes in general.
- Apricot – it contains vitamin A that promotes good vision and healthy eyesight. Consumption of apricots maintains vision in good condition and gives the sparkle and beauty to the eyes that are characteristic of good health.
- Orange – this is an excellent source of Vitamin C as well as calcium and folate.
- Leafy green vegetables – like kale, are high in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are necessary for healthy eyesight. It is also believed to lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and cataracts. Other dark leafy green vegetables are spinach, romaine, lettuce, collards and turnip greens.
- Spinach – is known for its high fiber content and is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that decrease the risk of developing cataracts. In addition to providing strength to the muscles it also protects the retina. Regular consumption is recommended to all who wished to preserve their sight, particularly the elderly.
- Mango – is rich in Vitamin A that contributes to healthy eyesight. It also prevents night blindness and dryness of the eye among other things.
- Squash – is rich in Vitamin A as well, which plays an important role in promoting healthy eyesight. It also aids in protecting the eye against AMD and cataracts.
- Citrus and berries – they are known as the powerhouses of vitamin C, which reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Wheat grass – This is a great source of Vitamin E, a nutrient known to protect the eye and free-radical damage.
As always, stay safe, live well, fully and in the moment – embrace life!