Stretch marks manifest on the skin after a woman has given birth or after a person has substantially lost weight or a person has gained considerable amounts of muscle. You might not be totally spared of having these marks but you can try any of the following to lessen the effects of the marks even before you give birth.
- Eggs: Crack the egg and separate the white from the yolk. With a fork, whip the egg white so that it forms foam. Apply this foam evenly directly where you have the stretch marks and let it stay for 5 minutes. Rinse of the egg whites and pat your skin dry.
- Potatoes: The vitamins and minerals in raw potato can give your skin a boost and help restore skin cells. Just cut a potato in half and rub this on your skin. The nutrients in the potato juice can give your skin the boost it needs.
- Citrus has natural bleaching properties that can help lighten your stretch marks. You can use either lemon or orange for this. Just cut the fruit in half and rub over the affected area. Let it stay for 10 minutes before finally rinsing off.
- Cocoa butter is known for its moisturizing effect. To minimize stretch marks, you may apply cocoa butter to your belly even during your pregnancy so that your skin is always hydrated.
- Olive oil has vitamin E which helps restore skin tissues. Massaging 2-3 drops of olive oil on the affected area not only moisturizes your skin so that it will be supple even if stretched to its limits.
- Aloe Vera. The sap of aloe vera contains 20 of the 22 amino acids and produces 7 of the 8 amino acids that cannot be manufactured by the body. These body building blocks help in skin restoration. To use, take a stalk, cut it in half and massage the sap onto your skin in a circular motion.
- Sugar is a good defoliant. After giving birth, you may notice that the skin in your belly area is coarse and dry. This is because the area has been stretched. A good way to remove the outer dry and dead skin, is to make a mixture of raw sugar with a little bit of oil and lemon. The sugar will help slough off the dead skin, the oil will moisten your skin, and the lemon will act as a natural toner, evening the tone of your skin.
Since we are aware of the causes of stretch marks, it will be more to your advantage if you do the precautionary steps to prevent occurrence.
However, should you find yourself in the situation where you cannot avoid having stretch marks, use these tips to lessen the unsightly effects.
Let us know in the comments below what remedies you use to cure stretch marks.